Sunday 29 April 2012

Medieval Multimedia

So I had (what seemed at the time like) a bright idea, and started a youtube channel of me reading stuff in Old and Middle English, to supplement things I've posted on this blog. There's lots of videos of people reading medieval stuff on youtube and some of it is great (this for instance is fantastic) and some of it is pretty bad (so many versions of the General Prologue!), so I figured I might as well contribute to the cacophony. So far I've posted some videos of me reading from the Old English Gospels, and 'Stond wel moder under rode'. And also 'When the nightingale sings' because, well, it's April.

I think you can find it here...

2 comments:

Mark said...

I very much enjoyed your videos, and hope you will make more of them. And I very much appreciate your blog, too - whether you are translating Old English, or musing on Christina Rossetti and Rupert Brooke (among others).

Clerk of Oxford said...

Thank you! I will make some more, when I can decide what to record/persuade my computer to co-operate...